The Nebraska football team is set to kick-off its home schedule this Saturday at 2:30 against North Dakota. Lincoln City officials say they are ready to welcome fans coming to Memorial Stadium and have released several important reminders.
- The University of Nebraska enforces a clear bag policy at Memorial Stadium. Visit huskers.com/operations for a comprehensive guide to Husker Game Day.
- Visitors should lock their vehicles and move valuable items out of sight.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited on City streets, parking lots, garages, and sidewalks, including the trail between Haymarket Park and Eighth Street.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited on State property.
- The sale of tickets, souvenirs or other items is not allowed on City streets or sidewalks.
- Officers will issue citations for violations that inhibit the use of the street or sidewalk.
- The sale of food, flowers or balloons requires a sidewalk vendor permit.
- UNL is a smoke/tobacco-free campus.
- E-scooters will not be operable during all home games.
- To avoid traffic and parking challenges, City officials recommend visiting lincoln.ne.gov/closures or using the Waze mobile app for maps and street construction information and using StarTran’s Big Red Express (lincoln.ne.gov/BigRedExpress).
- Lincoln Transportation and Utilities, the Lincoln Police Department, the UNL Police Department and Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) work together to improve the traffic experience on game day. The City provides traffic control on Lincoln streets, while NDOT helps coordinate traffic on I-180 and I-80. Coordination efforts include traffic planning, pre- and post-game messaging, planned lane and ramp closures, and incident management.
Visitors to Lincoln are encouraged to arrive early and use the following routes:
- I-80/Highway 77 (from west) – Take exit 397, follow Hwy. 77 south, take the Rosa Parks Way exit east, and follow South 10th Street into downtown
- Highway 77 (from south) – Take the Rosa Parks Way exit east, and follow South 10th Street into downtown
- I-80/Cornhusker Hwy. (from east) – Take exit 409, follow Cornhusker Hwy. and turn south on State Fair Park Drive and continue west on Salt Creek Roadway
- I-80/I-180 – Take exit 401a, merge onto I-180 south, then merge onto Ninth Street. Expect delays using this route.
- Lincoln residents traveling downtown from the north should follow Antelope Valley Parkway to Salt Creek Roadway. Drivers from the south should follow Normal Boulevard/Capitol Parkway to “N” Street downtown or use South 10th Street to downtown.
Street projects that may impact gameday traffic:
- North Ninth Street between “Q” and “P” streets, and “Q” and “P” streets between North Ninth and North 10th streets – lane closures throughout the season
- South 10th Street between “N” and “O” streets – northbound lane closures throughout the season
- Dual left turn lanes will be implemented at the intersection of Salt Creek Roadway and North Antelope Valley Parkway before the first home game.
- Those using I-80 who plan to park in the Haymarket Parking Garages will experience less congestion if they enter Lincoln using the airport exit 399. Travelers should then follow Cornhusker Highway, travel south on North Antelope Valley Parkway, and travel west on Salt Creek Roadway.
- Those using I-80 who plan to park in the Haymarket Park (baseball stadium) lots will experience less congestion if they enter Lincoln using the airport exit 399. Travelers should then follow Cornhusker Highway, travel south on North First Street, continue on Charleston Street, travel south onto Sun Valley Boulevard, and turn east onto Line Drive into Haymarket Park.
- Stadium Drive west of the stadium will be closed to all vehicles. Passenger drop-off and pick-up will not be allowed in front of the stadium before or after the game.
- Uber, Lyft and taxi drop-off and pickup will be located at the bus stop in front of Henzlik Hall, 1430 Vine St.
- Charter buses will park on “W” Street between 14th and 16th streets.
- Vine Street from North Antelope Valley Parkway to 16th Street on the UNL City Campus has a traffic lane change affecting eastbound and westbound lanes. The bike lane is closed in each direction.
Click here to see additional game day information
/ 3 days ago
The Nebraska beach volleyball team is set to launch its season with a series...
/ 3 days ago
The Nebraska Cornhuskers are gearing up for a pivotal Big Ten confrontation, aiming to...