No. 15 Nebraska hits the road this weekend, as the Huskers travel to fourth-ranked Michigan on Friday before facing Michigan State Sunday.
Last Time Out
Nebraska again rallied from an early deficit to defeat Indiana by a 23-18 margin last Sunday. Colton McCrystal (149) earned a major decision on Senior Day, while Tyler Berger (157) and Isaiah White (165) won back-to-back pins to spark the Husker effort.
The Huskers will continue a four-dual road swing to end the season, as NU travels to Madison to take on No. 21 Wisconsin next Friday at 7 p.m.
- Nebraska has outscored its nine dual opponents by a combined score of 216-144
- Nebraska has won 53 of 100 individual matches in dual competition
- Six starters have surpassed the seven-win plateau in duals, with White (165) leading way with eight wins in dual competition. Colton McCrystal (149), Tyler Berger (157), Venz (184) and Eric Schultz (197) each have seven dual wins
- White (165) has scored the most dual points for Nebraska (34) this season
- White (165) leads starters with two pins in duals this season
- Venz (184) leads starters with two technical falls in duals this season
- McCrystal (149), White (165) and Venz (184) lead starters with two major decisions in duals this season
Six Huskers Ranked by InterMat
Six Nebraska wrestlers were ranked in this week’s InterMat rankings, released Tuesday. Taylor Venz was the highest ranked Husker, coming in at seventh at 184 pounds. Tyler Berger joined him in the top 10, as he was ranked eighth at 157.
Colton McCrystal was ranked 11th at 149 pounds, while Isaiah White is 12th at 165 and Chad Red Jr. is 14th at 141. Jason Renteria is 19th at 133 pounds after entering the rankings last week.